OneiRos - Wireless Electrophysiological System
ONEIROS is a new and low power consumption electrophysiological measurement system designed for conducting research on freely moving small animals. The miniature, standalone system is capable of recording up to 26 electrophysiological signals (electroencephalogram, electromyogram, electrooculogram, electrocardiogram…), metabolic (3 temperature channels) and behaviour via an accelerometer up to 7 days.
Developped by the Sleep Team of the CNRS Lyon, France, (Bertrand Massot, Sebastien Arthaud, Baptiste Barrillot, Johanna Roux, Gianina Ungurean, Pierre Hervé Luppi, Niels C.Rattenborg, Paul Antoine Libourel), ViewPoint is in charge of the industrialization and the sole source supplier.
- Libourel P-Antoine: CNRS Gold Medal 2021: Paul-Antoine Libourel | CNRS
- Gianina Ungurean, Baptiste Barrillot, Dolores Martinez6Gonzalez, Paul-Antoine Libourel, Niels C. Rattenborg.(2020)Comparative Perspectives that Challenge Brain Warming as the Primary Function of REM Sleep in iScience 23, DOI:10.1016/j.isci.2020.101696
- Massot B, Arthaud S, Barrillot B, Roux J, Ungurean G, Luppi P-Herve, Rattenborg NC, Libourel P-Antoine, ONEIROS, a new miniature ´ standalone device for recording sleep electrophysiology, physiology, temperatures and behavior in the lab and field(2018) in Journal of Neuroscience Methods (2018), DOI: 10.1016/j.jneumeth.2018.08.030
- Libourel P-A, Barrillot B, Arthaud S, Massot B, Morel A-L, Beuf O, et al. (2018) Partial homologies between sleep states in lizards, mammals, and birds suggest a complex evolution of sleep states in amniotes in PLoS Biol, DOI: 10.1371/ journal.pbio.2005982
Electrophysiological Signals are exported as:
- EEG - electroencephalogram
- EMG - Electromyograph
- ECG - Electrocardiogram
- EOG - Electrooculogram
- Sleep state:
- Rem sleep
As an option, the device can be equipped with embedded stimulation such as vibrating motor which can be used to assess arousal thresholds, to disrupt sleep or conditional behaviour.