Side effects of Bacillus thuringiensis on the parasitoid Palmistichus elaeisis (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae)
Published: 11-21-2019 In Publication
- • Side effects of Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) were evaluated on Palmistichus elaeisis, a parasitoid wasp of agricultural pest pupae.
- • The Bt effects on parental and first-generation P. elaeisis parasitizing Bt-susceptible and -resistant Spodoptera frugiperda were investigated.
- • Parental and first filial generation parasitoids emerged from Bt-treated S. frugiperda pupae showed lower survivorship than controls.
- • Exposure to Bt reduced immature production and reproductive performance over the generations of the parasitoid.
- • Results indicate low compatibility between the bioinsecticide agent and the parasitoid wasp.